Thursday, September 12, 2013

Review: FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT

0

TITLE: FIRST GRAVE ON THE RIGHT
BY: DARYNDA JONES
SYNOPSIS: "A smashing, award-winning debut novel that introduces Charley Davidson: part-time private investigator and full-time Grim Reaper. Charley sees dead people. That’s right, she sees dead people. And it’s her job to convince them to “go into the light.” But when these very dead people have died under less than ideal circumstances (i.e. murder), sometimes they want Charley to bring the bad guys to justice. Complicating matters are the intensely hot dreams she’s been having about an Entity who has been following her all her life...and it turns out he might not be dead after all. In fact, he might be something else entirely."

RATING: 5 out of 5 Stars

REVIEW:

*Does Happy Dance*

0

Okay, I’m gonna be serious now. That’s probably a lie. Anywho, can we talk about “First Grave on the Right”? That’s rhetorical.

This book? It’s amazing. First off, Charley Davidson, the protagonist, is the badass, witty, sarcastic chick I wish I was. When I grow up, I want to be her. She’s a full-time P.I. working with the Albuquerque Police Department. She’s brilliant, and awesome, and she kicks major butt. Oh yeah, and she’s the Grim Reaper.

0

Charley basically exists on both planes and can see, interact, and speak to the dead—she also helps them cross over to the Otherside—which has all sorts of advantages. Especially in her line of work. When you have a deceased victim who’s able to tell you what happened, it makes finding the bad guy much easier. Well, most of the time. In this particular case, her three victims never saw their killer. And then there’s the elusive and mysterious Big Bad. He’s back, and his haunting presence is putting Charley a little on edge. Why is he back? What does he want? Will he severe someone’s spine…again?

0

Oh, and Reyes? Yum. That’s all I’ll say on that. Don’t want to spoil the fun.

FGOTR is everything I could ask for in a Paranormal Romance. It’s packed with laughs, and action, and smexyness. I mean, it won the Golden Heart Award for a reason, right? So, go read this series. Like, NOW. Trust me, this is one phenomenon you don’t want to miss!
As for me? I’m off to read Darynda’s second book in the series, SECOND GRAVE ON THE LEFT. See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment